What to expect
- Professional instruction and training
- Hands-on learning behind a real bar using simulated bottles filled with fake alcohol
- Free Bartending Manual
- Access to our extensive Bartender’s Library
- Small class sizes (Max 12 students)
- A relaxed, fun environment
- Team workshops
- Weekly giveaways including bar tools and tshirts
- Lifetime student membership including library and lab access
- Lifetime job placement assistance
- An official S.C.B.S. framed Bartenders Certificate (aka “Bartenders License”)
Here at the Southern California Bartending School classes are broken up into lectures, practicing behind the bar and role-playing as a live bartender. Lecture topics include: The current popular drink recipes, measurements, free pouring, bar equipment, bar etiquette, customer service, bar set up and breakdown, proper technique for opening wine and tapping beer kegs, liquor laws, resume building and interview techniques.
Our instructors also incorporate team workshops, which involves working with other students on speed and accuracy drills. Prizes such as bar tools and tshirts are given away weekly.
All students are required to come in to the school for 4 hours of “Lab” time where you will be able to practice whatever you like using our fully equipped bar setups. Your lab hours are logged and counted toward your required hours for completion.
After you have completed the required 40 hours of coursework and lab work you will be able to take your completion exam. The completion exam includes a written test on material learned in class as well as a speed and accuracy test. You are encouraged to do your best on your first attempt, but may take the test up to 3 times in order to pass. Additional tutoring is also provided to ensure that you will pass within 3 testing periods. Details of the exam will be discussed in class.
Upon completion of the exam you will receive lifetime job placement assistance and be able to login to our online job placement site for current job opportunities in Southern California.
* Bartending tools such as shakers, bottle openers, wine keys, etc. are available for purchase as well as full bar kits.